Learning through Play
Playwork Training Opportunities, 2012
Professional Development Workshops
Presented jointly with Playwork London and the Learning Trust.
Does Playwork Work?
Bob Hughes, 25th January 2012
Perspectives on playing: Putting the brain back into the body and the world
Stuart Lester, 21st March 2012
Playwork, violence and the politics of space
Wendy Russell, 2nd May 2012
>> Flier and Booking Form
Hackney Play Association Short Courses
- Safeguarding: Update & Refresh for Play Providers, Hackney Play Association & CHSCB, 21 February, 9.30am-2.30pm
- Transforming Play Spaces: Encouraging playfulness, Hackney Play Association, 8 March 2012, 9.30am-2.30pm
Contact Bridget Handscomb for further details, bridget.handscomb at hackneyplay.org
Playwork Level 2 Qualification Course
We are currently considering delivery of a Playwork Level 2 qualification course, subject to demand. If you are a playworker or a playwork employer and you are interested in this qualification please let us know by filling in the Form below or by contacting Bridget Handscomb, Play Development & Training Manager by email to bridget.handscomb at hackneyplay.org.
Learning Trust Short Courses (a selection)
- Introduction to Safeguarding & Child Protection – 16 January, 8 March or 12 June, 9am-4pm
- Paediatric First Aid for Children & Babies (2 Day) – 14 & 16 February, 5 & 13 March, 23 & 30 April, 17 & 24 May, 6 & 7 June or 3 & 10 July, 9am-4pm
- Exploring the Implications of the Revised EYFS - 13 or 14 June 2012, 9am-12 noon
- Practical Strategies for Inclusion – 26 January, 9am-12 noon
- Supporting Boys’ Development – 29 May, 9am-12 noon
- Supporting Parents of Children with Additional Needs – 27 March, 9am-12 noon
- Understanding and Supporting Children with Autism – 24 January, 9am-4pm
- Working with Children Developing English as an Additional Language – 26 June, 9am-12 noon
- Working with Young Children with Down Syndrome – 15 March, 9am-4pm
- External & Educational Visits: Safety & Risk Assessment – 7 March, 9am-12 noon
- Fire Safety Awareness – 11 January or 17 April, 9am-12 noon
- Food Hygiene – 31 January, 14 March or 20 June, 9am-4pm
- Risk Assessment – 22 February or 16 May, 9am-4pm
- Health & Safety in the Workplace (CIEH Award at Level 2) – 25 January or 3 May, 9am-4pm.
For further information and booking forms please email
earlyyearsadmin at learningtrust.co.uk
Playwork Level 3 Qualification Course
Please Note: Applications for the Level 3 course have now closed. The following information was given to participants at our Training Information Day on 6 October 2011:
Hackney Play Association Policies and Procedures
For further information on Training, please contact: Bridget Handscomb by email bridget.handscomb at hackneyplay.org.
Back to the Home Page